As I read the play “Time Flies”, I thought to myself, “This is like my life. I need to Carpe Diem myself.” As college applications are submitted, finals are studied for, and first semester comes to an end, our high school lives are almost over, and not only is Christmas around the corner, but so is the beginning of our adulthood.
Some are excited and ready, while others are still timid and not ready to take that leap. However, we all must take that jump into college; we all can’t be Super Seniors forever. We all must see the end, whether we are ready or not. I, myself, am still scared to leave high school behind when I feel like I just got used to it and didn’t get lost on the first day of school. But I know high school is almost over, and I need to carpe diem. We all have to take those risks while we are still have the ability to, so we do not enter adulthood dwelling on what could have been.
Enjoy the time we have left, as we take that journey to make more memories, to have more stress, and start our lives independently. We don’t know how much time we have left until it is almost over. Time truly flies when you reminisce about elementary school and think that it was only 6 years ago when you had your 6th grade promotion when it felt like it was only yesterday. Today, we don’t stress about who gets the ball for recess anymore, but about what and how we are going to enter adulthood and college. The question is, how are you going to leave high school, what impact are you making, and how are you going to start your life.
Live like the Mayflies.
Carpe diem.
- Amy Lie

I agree! I think it's the time to start seizing the day if not already. Our whole lives we get handed things with out knowing how hard it was or anything like that. Now we are going out in the world with out a safety net underneath us, which is good because this is how we will learn. It's so weird looking back and realizing how time flew! But now we're on to bigger things. :)
ReplyDelete-Pavneet
I agree! I think it's the time to start seizing the day if not already. Our whole lives we get handed things with out knowing how hard it was or anything like that. Now we are going out in the world with out a safety net underneath us, which is good because this is how we will learn. It's so weird looking back and realizing how time flew! But now we're on to bigger things. :)
ReplyDelete-Pavneet
I can totally relate with this post! It feels like just yesterday when we were just setting foot on the Los Osos campus as timid freshman. But you are right, it is time to "Seize the day!" as we close this chapter of our lives and embrace a new one. After all, we are in the second semester and college acceptances and graduation are ominously close. I am glad other seniors are feeling the anxiety and excitement with me.
ReplyDeleteOops sorry last comment was me! - Dorothy Zuniga
ReplyDeletePavneet! I understand what you meant by the safety net underneath us. My safety net has always been my parents. Now that we are on to bigger and greater things in life, my parents are slowly but surely letting me go. My independecy is increasing and they are accepting the fact that I am growing, as I am sure how most parents are feeling at this moment in their child's life.
ReplyDelete-Amy
This was very inspirational! Like who would have thought we are all finally graduating high school..its so exciting but extremely nerve racking. The whole saying of Carpe Diem suites our situations due to the fact that we are leaving everything we have been so accustomed to and see the new world with a new pair of eyes in a sense.
ReplyDelete-Tamera A
I truly can relate to your post!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same. Although it seems like we are going to be stuck in senior year second semester forever, graduation is very close. After graduation, I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself. I should think Carpe Diem too.
-Susan Y.
We can think Carpe Diem as the ending of this chapter of our lives. We should leave and start out strong, excited, and hopeful for our long future ahead of us!
ReplyDelete-Amy L